As I mentioned in a previous post, the Liquitex didn't work out for coating and preserving the leaves. I bought some good old fashioned gloss Modge Podge and used that.
Then I used my sewing machine to punch holes along the edge of one of the leaves.
I did this so that they would be evenly spaced.
It was tricky (but not as hard as I'd expected) to then crochet into those holes.
I did a simple design around the leaf, starched the crochet thread and pinned it to set the pattern.
This is all the farther I've gotten. I'll keep you posted.
I got the center of our guild's Mystery Quilt 2022 done.
I love the way this dances!
I took two photos because the lighting in my studio is not the best for photography.
Next I'll do the borders and then it will need to be quilted.
Abby has been as busy as I have been:
On today's design wall I am back to organizing orphan blocks.
Not snow, but big ol' drops of rain!
I hope you enjoyed my rainy day post.
Till next time, enjoy your life!