Wednesday, January 05, 2011

And So It Begins, Again, Again

That word, 'again' is quite appropriate. Separated, it reads: A Gain. A weight Gain. I have been overweight most all my life. My first diet was when I was about 11 and in the fifth grade. As most fatties, I have tried every program, fad diet, and gimmick throughout my life. It has been 45 years since that first diet. I have been lots heavier than I am now, but had stomach stapling done in 1981. I went from this (375):
To this, one year later (195):
I then got pregnant three times in five years and had three wonderful children. I never lost my pregnancy pounds though. After all the ups and downs, with that surgery, I did manage to take off about 100 pounds and keep it off. Trouble is, I still am about 100 pounds too heavy.
In 1998 I lost about 80 pounds by only eating once a day. That was actually working for me until I got pregnant with my forth child. Back up I went.
In 2008 I lost about 40 pounds because I was working a job that kept me on my feet a lot. When I quit that job in 2009, the weight came right back on.
I have been about 275 to 285 for the past 25 years, with the exception of those two short term weight losses. Just before Thanksgiving in 2010, I stepped on the scale and got a scare. It was 291. I was only nine pounds from THREE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!
So I joined a local senior center that has wonderful classes. The best has been the aerobic swim classes and the lap pool. (My knees are giving out after years of abuse.) Although I would love to walk the dog for exercise, I can't; not without a lot of pain.

Thursdays are my weight loss support meetings at the center. I had lost and then gained two pounds over Christmas. Let's see what happens tomorrow!

As of this posting today, I did 45 minutes of aerobic water exercising and stretching. I am on track with the better eating plan, and I will walk to get my son from school this afternoon.

See you tomorrow, after my weigh in!

Walk On, Walker Lady

4 comments:

Blue said...

Wow, is this new? I'm so glad you can do water aerobics, friends say it does wonders for them.

Congratulation on any weight loss! You go girl! Big hug, Blue

Sherri said...

Hi Blue! Yes, I am taking a different direction with this blog. Ziva is my walking partner now...when I can walk! I will include her in photos once I figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer! :)

Pam Quiltaholic Biswas said...

You are inspirational. I'd love to loose that last 30 pounds with you. I've also had weight problems all my life and for the last 4 years have kept it off, but just can't get off that last 30 pounds. I think it is time. You look great. Keep up the good work.

Sherri said...

Thank you Pam! If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me! It IS challenging to lose the last of the weight, but I know it can be done! Keep trying and you'll figure it out, I am sure! :)

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...