Saturday, February 18, 2023

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about. 

I know she's been pretty quiet though. 

She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival.


A southern tradition on the first day of the new year, is smoked ham hocks, beans, and rice.
(Often referred to as Hoppin' John)
As a northern born woman, I'd never heard of it before.
My southern born husband says I've gotten very good at making this dish.
I have an Instant Pot recipe that I use. It actually makes
this dish easier to prepare and it tastes yummy!

After eating all the goodies, it's time for a nap.

We were still dealing with leaf gathering in January!
Trouble is, we also have a lot of wind that doesn't actually help much.

I got a fancy new dog bed. It holds three dogs at once!

I'm still walking at least once and, more often, twice a day. I lost 30-35 pounds last year.
I am not sure if more will come off. If not, I am ok with that. for now I am fitting into
clothes better and feeling more fit. That's good enough for me, for now.

Till next time, walk on!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...