Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Taking it Easy

Sorry I've been so quiet this week! It has been a busy week. I didn't weigh in last Saturday because we were out looking at houses. We've been thinking about perhaps buying a rental or maybe moving into a different house and renting out the one we live in now. All that came out of looking was that we are pretty happy where we are at and with the house we have...flaws and all.

I saw the latest episode of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss. This week had a 20 year old girl that weighed 323 pounds. She was successful at her year long weight loss journey. I think she got down to 160-something. She had a good attitude about it. One thing that really struck me was when it came time for her to qualify for "skin surgery". She showed the flappy upper arms she had. The doctor exclaimed that there was three inches flapping around and that that was all skin. Then she bent over and showed the doctor how her belly hung like a bag with a bowling ball in it. She got the surgery. I have both those issues with my skin, but I see it as more fatty than skin. I won't be getting surgery as I do believe it is considered elective surgery by the insurance companies.

I finally got back to Yoga today. I have not been there since the Monday before the 4th of July! It felt good to be back. I was alarmed that I felt not so strong. I need to work on some strength training stuff.

I am doing ok and my weight even seems to be down again. I am trying to not get my hopes up that it will be moving that way and that this plateau is finally over. I will just enjoy it while it is going that way. The best thing is that this plateau has always stayed in the 180's so I could always still say I had lost the 100 plus pounds.

I don't have much else to talk about this time and no cutsie pictures or clip art to jazz up this posting. I miss my trail walking, but the weather was too hot or now too wet to get out there. As soon as the weather turns though, you can bet you will see me out there!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...