Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back in the Middle With You!

I was reading an article on Sparkpeople.com this morning, about a doctor who lost 140 pounds and has kept it off for about three years. She said as a 300 pound doctor, she wasn't taken seriously. As a healthier and fit doctor she "couldn't possibly know what it is like to be obese".
I have thought of such things in a similar vein this past couple weeks, especially when at the local public swimming pool. I have reached the halfway mark on my weight loss journey. I am sure when people see me, that don't know me, they only see a fat woman. They don't realize I have lost close to 60 pounds already! I feel like walking up to everyone of them and saying, "I know you don't see it, but I have lost over fifty pounds!" Isn't that silly?

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...