Monday, June 27, 2011

Real or Not Real?

That is the question! Whether it is nobler to have the real deal or to save fat and calories and eat chemicals, ah yes, that IS the question! (Hey! I never said I was a Shakespearean actor!!!)
The consensus has been that we should always eat as close to real foods as we can. Butter has cream and salt in it. I am not going to go into all the chemicals in margarine. All of the "diet" products I have come across though, have a lot of chemicals in them to replace the great tastes of the real deal.

I am on the fence about this debate. I rely heavily on my fat free cheeses, occasional diet soda, and fat free yogurts. How can I stay on a low fat food plan if I don't? True lettuce is kinda pure, but the fat free dressing isn't! I wouldn't be able to eat anything that I could enjoy!!! Waa, waa, waa!!!

Seriously though...I choose to do a low fat diet. I see it as my personal-right-for-ME plan of healthier eating. I was eating WAY too much fat before. Since my diet is a lifestyle change for me...one that I can live with for the rest of my life...I need to make it healthy, low-fat, and tasty! If I don't, I will fail. I know I will, because life is about food and sharing of food and eating food. Well, in our society it is anyway. I have also failed in the past when I don't eat food that satisfies.

So what's a mother to do? Research. Yes, I will have to do more reading, more research, more in-depth studying to figure out this dilemma. At the same time, I am looking into making my own fat free Greek style vanilla yogurt! This is my all time favorite yogurt, as it mixes with everything so well.

I was down another pound last Saturday! I am so close to the 60 pounds lost goal! I am very pleased that the change in my exercise routine has not affected my weight in a negative way!

There are always challenges. I miss being able to exercise in the mornings and think about it all day until I get it out of the way. I don't like that about myself. But, I will just keep working on ME!

Now go...exercise...or eat a banana ...you shouldn't be sitting here at your computer!!!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...