Saturday, September 10, 2022

A bit of it all and Abby too ~

 I'd been neglecting my embroidery project for over a month. Yes, I did get parts done but I was working so hard on the minstrels that the rest of it had fallen by the wayside. I'm trying to rectify that now. 

You can't see much of a change yet. I'm working on the water fountain. There are some silver strands in it that are hard to see. I think I need more white strands too.

I thought you might like to see the photo that inspired the minstrels. I'm also showing the full width of the piece. It's about 30" wide. There's a lot above this space too. Someday I will show you that again.

I finally finished this little fellow. He's supposed to be a Stegosaurus. He's about two inches tall.
He's now at his new home with his four year old guardian, Sam. 
He's hiding in that bag until Sam comes out to check the special delivery. Yes, that is a flying pig holding the bag. I like these neighbors of ours. I can't imagine why. hahaha

 As I left the studio this morning, this is what it looked like.
The two rows on the left are sewn together. The rest are works in progress.

I finished testing a few scarf patterns for a crochet designer:


I had a small item shipped to me last week. It came in this HUGE box with a label that says "HEAVY".
Inside was a bit of paper and the item. The item was flat and weighed a few ounces. I guess they didn't have smaller boxes. I want to believe the "HEAVY" sticker was on it as a joke by the shipping department.

I'm working on a few prizes for an upcoming contest in our quilt guild. I always feel bad when only one person wins the grand prize. I found this pack of small notebooks and made up some thank you stickers to put on each one of them. I will give one to each person who participated in the challenge. I think they will like the little token of appreciation. 
  

Last, but never least, Abby's here too:

PHEW!!! I did it again!
Till next time, happy crafting y'all!



1 comment:

Jaye said...

Love that red version of the scarf. How cool you get to pattern test!

I am in awe of your embroidery. How fun to have a project on which you can work and be creative. The minstrels were well worth the time.

I like the idea of a small token for participants.

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...