Thursday, September 01, 2022

Did I do that???

Let's start with Abby today: 
Do you get the pun? She's pretty silly isn't she?

Silliness is not new to this family. 
Below, on the left, is an autographed tee-shirt that our young man got this summer. It's from Clyde Clifford, the one and only host of Beaker Street, an old time rock and roll radio station from the 70's. Beaker Street was infamous for underground progressive rock and roll. 
It was heard from Cuba to Canada.
 Look it up sometime! They are still on the air!
On the right is a creature that I made when I was in my middle teens. 
It seemed appropriate to put it on the wall, next to something from that same era.

Cooking can be bad for your health. Some grease spattered and I got burned. 
Don't worry, it actually does not hurt but it sure looks like it should!!!

It was International Play on the Porch day last Saturday. 
The Mister participated, in spite of the heat!

Bobbi Plant is happy in her new home. She's making friends with the other plants.
I had a long day of errand running and was gone for three hours the other day.
When I came home, all three dogs velcroed themselves to me for the rest of the day.
It's a little hard to see Roxy. She's on the bottom, to the left.  Dex is to the right and Loki as at my feet. That's as close as the other two will allow him to be. Silly dogs.

It was cool enough to bake bread for supper a few nights ago.
YUM!

I've been working in the studio a lot this week.
These are all orphan blocks that I am working with.
The finished quilt will be very busy!

I have weights in my studio. They are for......exercising! Yes, exercising. 
They also are good at holding things down.
This weight was holding down a picture that I've clipped and glued to a small notebook.
I'm decorating a bunch of these for gifts for the quilt guild.

Yes, those are leaves under this purple dumbbell. 
I should be in good shape as much as I use these things!

I finished the top to the Swirleygig Quilt. Next I'll have to sandwich and quilt it.

Here's a blast from the past:
Yes, this is my Grandma's Flower Garden quilt that I started about 20 years ago!!! My table is eight feet long, so that gives you an idea of the size of this monster! 
I am finally going to finish it. I had some of the quilting done by hand but I am going to finish the quilting with my machine. I want to USE this quilt! It's been sitting around for years and years. If I wait till I can finish it by hand, it will never be finished. I am actually excited to think that I might be using this one, this winter, on our bed!

Last but not least. . . remember this?
Well, I think it is now finished!
Don't be surprised if I go back and tweak it here and there. For now though, I am moving on to other parts of the project. I have some ideas to use beads in one area!

Labor Day Weekend begins tomorrow for us. 
I hope you all enjoy it in some way too. I know we will! 
Till next time, happy crafting y'all!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...