Sunday, February 06, 2022

Endings and Beginnings

I managed to keep up with my Stitch-a-day challenge for the month of January, 
stitching a minimum of one leaf a day onto the tree.
I added hearts to my wheel of life to celebrate the beginning of February.
I have a pocket calendar where I write down what things I work on each day.

The whole piece is rather large and I am not sure how the bottom will tie into the top part, but I am having fun just winging it. It's going to be a whimsical piece I think. I am still enjoying working on it every day.
Here's one closeup shot:

We had a sleet storm last week. I know this looks like snow but it was actually several inches of sleet. 
It kept us housebound for three days. I did not mind this at all!
These are our dogs' footprints in the frozen ice, from during the storm. 
The sleet actually became a lot deeper and then froze solid.

Being iced in made it easy to make this very last stitch on a blanket:
The pattern is called "Christmas in July" by Bebeblanket. 
How fitting that we could take this photo with the wintery background on the day I finished it!
Laid out on a queen sized bed:
A closeup picture:
This is the first mosaic crocheted blanket that I've ever made. 
I love how it turned out.

Totally off-topic is this:
My husband found it set out at the side of the street near us. Someone has tossed it out as garbage.
We are a musical family with way too many stringed instruments and he could not resist picking up the poor little thing. It will probably become wall art, but at least it has a home that loves it again.

That's it for today! Happy crafting ya'll!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...