Sunday, January 09, 2022

Happy New Year - a few days late and a whole lot of info

I've been in a quandary about how to proceed with my blog. You can probably tell that Abby is on vacation again...lucky gal. What I think I am going to do is combine my quilting blog with this one and make this all things creative as well as some photos that might be of interest, from say, camping trips? Time will tell.

First up is a new project for 2022. I am doing an embroidery stitch-a-day for 2022. The following photos are from the first week of my project:


I started one in 2017 and never got any farther than this. 
 I ripped out some of the previous embroidery work and kept the mailbox,  
flowerbed, and the tree with the owl in it.

My 'canvas' is about 24" x 24". 
There used to be an arbor to the left of the mailbox. 
To the right will be a wrought iron fence.

This week, I added a rabbit to the flowerbed and a few flowers and leaves on a vine.

I added a cardinal and bird feeder and started reshaping the tree. My commitment to the project is to add a leaf to the tree for each day of the year. At the end of this project, there will be 365 leaves on the tree.

I am still crocheting. I have discovered mosaic crochet and am loving it!

This has been my progress from October (above)
through December (below)

This one was started in July with a goal of being done before Christmas 2022! hahaha

I made a scarf for one of my sons

I made a hat for the heck of it

I learned a new trick to keep my Embroidery strings more organized. 
This mess became....
...this very neat way of holding strands. 
I can actually pick out single strings from it, without undoing the braiding work!
That's all for today. 
I hope to see you soon with more crafting and an occasional Abby visit as well. 
Happy life to you all!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...