Thursday, January 01, 2015

Set Goals, Not Resolutions

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I set goals. The more specific you make your goals, the better your chances are to achieve them.
Last year I had two goals. One was to walk a minimum of ten minutes per day. The other was to not smoke any cigarettes. I achieved both!
This year I am going to set three goals:
*The first goal is to do a minimum of ten minutes of any type of exercise or extra activity, per day. I don't want to be restricted to just walking.
*The second goal is to see if I can find a strength trainer that I can afford. I will do this by first contacting a gym that I know I can afford and see if there are any trainers that are available near the times I am looking for.
*The third goal will be the hardest. I will not buy wine this year. I am not saying I won't drink wine, but I will not personally buy any. This will help me to cut down a LOT. I am abusing it and if I don't get a handle on it, it will mess up how my meds work. It could also lead to full fledged alcoholism. I don't want to go there.

I am excited about the new year. There is something about new beginnings and fresh starts that appeals to me. I've been working hard in my studio to purge junk, sort, organize, and make it pretty. It was cluttered. It was overweight, so I am putting it on a diet. ha ha ha

Yoga class is tomorrow, then I will work in my studio again. I have four boxes to go through before I will give myself a break and actually do some sewing therapy! Till next time, walk-on!

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, I'm so impressed you held firm on last years goals, it really says a lot about your determination when you get motivated.

And it's great to see you going after more healthy goals again this year! Yay you and good luck!

Sherri said...

Thanks Crabby! You are an inspiration to me. :)

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...