Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Is it Hot Enough for Ya?

I've been thinking about what to write about all day. Sometimes I feel like a broken record! If you follow my blog a little TOO closely you might have noticed that my weight was up last week, about a pound. I am pretty sure I know why too. I am not walking like I was. It is just too hot. I didn't write to you about it though. Sometimes I don't like to comment on the negative stuff. I don't like admitting I've failed to lose. But then I hope that by sharing the downs, you will see that there ARE ups and downs and no miracles. Also, if you have had some success, I hope you will see that and hold on to your successes. I know I do. I am not going to throw my 100+ diamonds away! I earned every one of them! They are MINE and I plan on keeping them and perhaps getting a few more.

One thing surprised me about this down time in my journey...as time went on, I noticed I was getting more and more tired. When I was out walking almost daily, I had lots more energy! So my metabolism is changing, and not exactly for the better!

What am I going to do about it? Well sir, I got up on Monday and made a pact with myself that I would go to the pool every day this week, that the weather and my schedule would allow. I've done that three days in a row so far. I already have seen a change. Who knew that exercising also builds energy? I have read that it did, now I know for a fact that it does!

Something else I noticed surprised me. My bad knee isn't as bad as it was. Now I am wondering if the shoes I wore contributed to that? I have seen stories about these Sketcher's Shape-Ups being not so good for some people. I know I often feel like I am balancing on them. The second pair are worn out enough that I plan to get a new pair of shoes in a month or when the weather cools down...which ever comes first. I won't be getting the Shape-Ups again.

On the food front everything is going just fine. I have been having no troubles with my eating other than a few days of not eating quite enough. The melons and so many other fruits are coming in full season. Dee-lish!!!

Following is a quote I found online. I changed a word or two to protect the innocent:

"You’re right. It is easier to eat pizza then to run on the treadmill. It’s easier to turn to ice cream rather than to people, for support. It’s easier to say ‘forget it, I give up’ then to say it ‘FORGET THIS!!! I CAN DO IT!!!.’ So you know what? I’m not going to sit here and tell you day after day that you can do this. If you don’t believe you can, then you can’t. That’s the honest truth. You need to do this for you. And if you don’t want it enough, then you sure as hell won’t achieve it. So take the easy way out and remain unhealthy and continue to gain weight because you can’t realize you are the only one hurting yourself.
I didn’t say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it."

 I do sometimes wish I could say this to people. I feel it would be mean though. I know I would not have liked anyone saying this to ME when I whined about how I hated exercise. Or how I hated counting calories. Or how I hated having to learn how to read ingredient labels. Now I HAVE said that losing weight is easy! I need to clarify that a bit. It IS easy to lose the weight, but to LEARN how to do it....to educate yourself...now that can be a bit daunting at times!


Keep cool! See ya at the pool!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...