Sunday, August 14, 2011

Talking Sense

I am talking some sense into my brain. I need my old pal Eeyore to tell me to knock it off and get back into the healthier lifestyle I have been working towards.
What happened? Not much. I did gain a whopping point four pounds. That is less than a half pound. This past week has been rough. We sold our RV last weekend and it was so very hard to let go of it! We had had such fun in it as we traveled throughout northern California, as musicians at various renaissance faires! Then when we were forced out of CA and moved to Arkansas, it was our home for six weeks.
Anyway, we were very attached to that silly hunk of fiberglass and metal, but it was time to let it go. The process really went well. We sold it to the first party that looked at it. The process also triggered a LOT of emotions.

In the midst of all this, I have basically plateaued on the weight loss. I tried to say it didn't bother me, but it did. I did a stupid thing. I turned to my old nemesis, the cigarette. Yes, I hate to admit this, but I have started smoking again. Shame on me! I could cite all the excuses about the emotional roller coaster of late, the fact that my husband smokes, and that this last week of summer vacation was extra challenging to get my exercises done. These are all just excuses though.
Today I will end it by sticking a patch on and stopping the insanity!

I redid my goals and such on sparkpeople.com this morning. This chart shows my progress over the summer:
This is a good thing! The chart shows a downward swing all summer. With school back in session tomorrow, I will now be back at the center and plan to change up my exercise routine. I won't put in longer session, but I will amp up the intensity. The almost 70 pound loss since last fall/winter has left me more fit and stronger! My knees are doing very good and it is time to push myself a bit more. I am researching my plan of attack.

I made a new chart today and set a goal to be in the one hundreds by Christmas. I cannot imagine that! I CAN achieve it though!

Scold me if you must over my slip up, and share with me, getting back on track. This is just a little track repair job that I need to do and WILL do!

See you next week!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...