Friday, July 29, 2022

Calm after the storm and a visit from Abby

After the recent chaos, I started a quieter week here:
I'm at the dentist. I was quite colorful that day.
I not only wore my hot pink Crocs, but I had my yellow purse too.

Abby hasn't been around much. I checked out what she'd been up to. 
Turns out she had a wonderful anniversary day with her Mister:

She went down Memory Lane, recalling a fond time in her youth:

Then the world got stupid again and she went quiet.
I hope that Abby will be around more.

My work continues with the embroidery project. I have been working on adding people!
I printed out this from a photo, trimmed away the surrounding paper, 
and used it to help position them.
Then I just started stitching!
It's going to take a while to finish this part!

When I get tired of embroidery, there's always quilting to mess with. 
Here is my current design wall:
The blocks on the upper left are a separate project from all the rest of the blocks.
This will be another Orphan Block Challenge quilt top for my guild.
The block design is often called the "Bear Paw" block. 
That is why I have bear fabric for the next border.

If I get tired of quilting, I can crochet. 
This is the start of a blanket. 
The photo does NOT do justice to the colors though.

Crocheting isn't a fast project. 
I started with this over a month ago:
And currently that little beginning has blossomed into this:
It's only a little over a foot square. I am loving it though.
This is mosaic crochet and I've really enjoyed this method of crochet work.

Oh look who's here!!!
Abby has found a new home again!
Here is what she thought about today:

And with that, we're done for today. We've gotten much needed rain here and the temperatures have gotten below 90F for a change. It won't last, but for now, we're enjoying the break.
Till next time, enjoy your crafting and thanks for visiting with us.

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...