Friday, January 04, 2019

Being good enough

I have often written about being good enough. Lack of self esteem has been an issue for me, all my life. I recently put my quilt "Beadee the Beading Fairy" in a display of quilts at a local library. There were prizes given from voting by both the patrons of the library as well as from our local guild. Beadee didn't get any prizes. Does this mean I am validated in that she isn't a good art quilt? No. It means that there were a lot of great quilts. Beadee is a great quilt too. I don't need to have that validated by others as long as I like her myself.

BTW, that spiderweb is made of hundreds of clear beads of different sizes. It represents dew drops on a spiderweb.

I am just a few days older than 770 months today. If you had asked me before I did the math, how many months old I was, I would have thought it had to be in the thousands, right? Nope, ONLY 770. You would think after all these months, I would not let my lack of self esteem affect me so much. It isn't as bad as it was. I have to really work at accepting praise and realizing, I AM good enough. Are you?

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...