Thursday, December 21, 2017

Tis the Season to say hello!

We start with a sunrise over the river at the outlook at Petit Jean State Park
We really have embraced camping life. The more times we get away, the better our mood has been. I think camping has saved our sanity! I know it does something to my soul, to be outdoors.

The year is almost over. Crabby McSlacker wrote on my post before this, the one done in November. That reminded me that I wanted to blog again this month! Thanks Crabby!

So, life has been a bitch. I don't want to bore you with all the excuses, but I have not been practicing what I preach. No surprise then, that I gained weight. I am at 237 today. 

Not cool Sherri, not cool. Well the leggings are kinda cool.

I KNOW I have to adjust my attitude and make a stronger commitment to living a better life. I am working on that. I almost stopped leading my weight loss support group. I almost gave up on myself. Almost. What is that saying? You only fail if you quit. I refuse to fail. I refuse to quit. I CAN figure out what kind of life I want and I CAN achieve that. Know what else? I WILL!

I had my annual checkup last week. All the blood work was just fine. Phew, no diabetes! My blood pressure was up though. Not good. I have taken steps to come back in January like gang busters, in my support group. I have lots of plans for the future there. I 'feel' an attitude change coming over me. I hope to keep sharing things with my few readers that are sticking with me too. Thank you to them!

We'll end the post with a moonrise taken at Petit Jean, near our campsite.

Oops one other last thing, Abby and Dex wish you all happy holidays 
and a super duper new year!

1 comment:

crabby mcslacker said...

okay took me way too long to comment before. THIS time I'm on it!!!

Love the camping pics and love that you are having so much fun getting outdoors, the RV was such a smart move!

And I know what you mean about the ups and downs, how easy it is to start putting on weight. I'm like you, I let things slide and then I have to make adjustments, I'm not one of those people who have a system all figured out that they never deviate from. I like to misbehave, what can I say.

But hell, I'm old enough to not beat myself up for being more like a sine wave than a straight line. I yam who I yam!

Good luck with this next phase, I'll bet you do great!

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...