Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Positively

The weather has been as good here has it has been as bad in the Northeast this week. It finally got to me and I went for my first walk since Ziva left. I won't lie, it hurt. However, it also felt good to get out in the sunshine. I am still amazed at how safe she made me feel, when walking with her. I randomly look at web sites like PetFinder to imagine another dog in my life. Then I just think that it is too soon and that I should wait until my two little dogs are gone. Ack...I don't know which way I will go. But at least I DID go for a walk.

A few days ago I received a card from a blog reader 
that I happen to know in real life: 
She knows I go to yoga classes a lot. She noted that I had met my goal of no smoking for all of 2014 and wanted to send kudos to me for having done so. What a sweet thing to do! It actually helped me to not try one cigarette, just to see if I still hated the stench. So I remain smoke-free. Thank you Brenda! You're a peach!

I am focusing my energies on purging the house. It is daunting. I am getting exercise by all the hauling and moving and stooping and lifting and carrying and tossing and and and just everything! It has been exhausting but oh so rewarding! The less 'stuff' to worry about, the less worry there is!

That's my theory and I am sticking to it. Till next time, walk-on!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...