Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Little Biking Today


We just got back from our first family bike ride. We were out for about an hour and went about 8 miles. Oh my goodness the bike trails they have here, are awesome! We went across the Big Dam Bridge to the Two Rivers Bridge through a pine forest stand to a rest stop that had a full bike repair station and restrooms...even a solar dumpster. 
It was 80 degrees out but we had a breeze and a great workout. I am surprised how well biking has been for us! Now for brunch and then yard work. Busy Sunday at our house! :)

Don't you just love that tie-dyed tee-shirt I am wearing? The fanny pack does wonders for my silhouette ... NOT!!! We had a great time though and plan to do it again, packing a picnic lunch and taking our instruments along to play. I can't believe how much I actually have enjoyed this new form of exercise!

Till next time, Walk-On!

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Your enthusiasm is contagious! Now I can't wait to get on a bike again. (None in San Diego but I have a great ol' clunker in provincetown.

And love the tie dye! Such a happy picture.

Sherri said...

So buy a cheap bike for San Diego! hehehehe btw, it seems to really be helping my bum knee!!! It is getting stronger...or seems to be.

Someday I'll model my tie-dyed dress for ya. :)

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...