Tuesday, May 01, 2012

There Are Always Ups and Downs

I have been having somewhat of a rough time of it these past few days. April was a pretty busy month and ended with a surprise visit from my oldest son. I haven't seen him since last July and it will probably be at least a year before he makes it back this way. It was a good visit. Of course I cried when he left. (youngest son on left, oldest son in the middle, and me on the right)

With everything finally slowing down a tad and trying to get back in the swing of things, I am feeling a bit out of it. I imagine quitting smoking has a part to play in this. (dang nasty evil sticks)
I miss my support group too! I was out of town one of the days that I missed. Then there were a few meetings that only included one or two others in the room. Although we had good talks, it wasn't quite the same as having five or more there! A few special folks have been noticeably absent. Of course I cannot find their phone numbers so I can call and check on them. It really IS true, that a support system helps a lot, when making lifestyle changes. As I tell my fellow support group members, when these times hit, just keep trying to stay on track as best you can until the funky feeling is gone. Those are good words to live by!

Yesterday I didn't eat the best I could, but it wasn't real bad...just an extra serving of pistachio nuts. Big woop-de-dah. Today I have eaten a lot better and even went for a walk on the trail this morning. I was still in a bit of a funk for most of the day, but I soldiered on. Tonight I am feeling a little bit better. I had planned ahead to have some snacks for tonight if I feel the need to have some. I am looking forward to tomorrow, which is good. I have Yoga and then get to go watch my son in a school math competition.


I know I will come out of this funk. I always have. I know some of the contributing factors and have acknowledged them. This helps me deal better with such things. This funky lady will be back to her foxy lady self soon! In the meantime, let's go for a walk!




No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...