Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts!

100 pounds of fat looks somewhat like this:
Maybe this photo is where my 100 pounds went off to? I don't plan to have them come back for a visit!
I never would have thought I would be able to say, "I only have 37 pounds to lose to reach my goal." And though I have seen those numbers at the top of my blog, it just didn't sink in until recently that I ONLY have 37 pounds to lose to reach 150 pounds. I really do not think I will get to that goal, but I DO think I will be somewhere between 150 and 170 when my metabolism, food intake, and life all converge in the same space at the same time. I am only 37 pounds away from 150 pounds. Really? Amazing! I wonder how close I will be?
The photo below shows five women who all weigh 150 pounds. Isn't is interesting to see how different they all are?
Just a quick check-in, check-up here...I am down a pound from last week. Yes, I know, this is not my normal weigh-in day, but I do usually weigh myself after Yoga class on Wednesdays. I just like knowing which way things are going! I have remained cigarette free too. (Yeah me!) I also dealt with a stressful happening without lighting up, without excessive eating, and without skipping my exercise routines. This is a big deal for me, as I do tend to get stressed out about all kinds of stuff and it used to really throw me for a tailspin. This new woman that I keep seeing in the hall mirror is really something else! I like her!

So what does my posting have to do with coconuts, you ask? Well, I will tell you! I have discovered a new obsession in foods. The So Delicious line of milk free products, (their ice cream and coffee creamers, in particular) are pretty tasty. I first discovered their Pomegranate Chip ice cream type desert. It is soooooooooooo good! I like it because it is low in sugar, has a low amount of ingredients, is dairy free, and is soy free. (These are personal choices of mine, based on where I want to go with my own nutritional lifestyle.)
I also tried their coffee creamer:
It was pretty good too! I think I could let go of my powdered creamer and use this all the time! Again, the ingredient list is short. The fat contents are low or zero. The drawback is that these products are not cheap. That is actually a good news bad news thing though. The ice creams are so very good, that I have been tempted to eat more than a single serving at a time! Since they are expensive, over $4 a pint, I won't buy them often and they will become more of a treat to indulge in. Because of that, I will be having a decadent desert that is low in calories, fat, and chemicals, only once in a while. That all, is a good thing!

Walking and Yoga-ing continue to make up the bulk of my exercising. All this will change in less than two weeks. That is when school is out and my son complicates things. I have been planning and scheming though. I have three things that I can do with him that all encompass various types of exercises. I hope he enjoys it as much as I think he will!

Ok folks, time to hit the trail while the weather remains reasonable! Let's go for a walk together!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...