Sunday, February 04, 2018

Preoccupied

Over the holidays we lost our two old dogs. One was just before Christmas and one was on New Year's Eve. They were quite old but it was still a shock and unpleasant surprise. We thought Dex would be enough for us but as weeks went on it was apparent that Dex missed having a playmate.
So this happened. 
I feel like I did when I had my human babies, well, almost. Roxy is a mixed breed puppy that we got a few weeks ago. She's probably a shepherd/husky mix. She's a lot of work! Eventually she will be more dog like and less puppy like. I hope. hahahaha

Dexter isn't too sure of her and has protected me from the demon eyed beast. Eventually we will all go on long walks together. At least that is the plan.

Till next time, walk-on!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about your dogs! I have my mom's 13 yr old dog (mom died 2 1/2 yrs ago) and I hate that her time is getting short. Cute new puppy!

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...