Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes!

Now that I figured out how to get photos from my camera to the computer, I am back in business!
The talk I gave at the support group, on getting started and setting goals, seemed to go over well! I love trying to help. I've done so much research and reading and listening, that I feel like I might explode sometimes! The only thing worse than an ex-smoker is a person who's lost weight and wants to help! Just tell me to shush if I get too long winded when talking to you about how to do what I am doing. I mean well, but can go off on tangents if I don't watch out!

So, on the weight loss front, I am stagnant again. I am 200 point 2, or point 6, or point 5, depending on the day. Of course, during the middle of the week, I am seeing 199 and once even saw a 198, but until that number shows up on a Saturday for the official weigh in, it doesn't count! Maybe, carrying around my Mad Hatter's Hat in my bag, is jinxing it?

I have never been so relaxed about sitting in a plateau as I have this one though. I just know it will happen, when it happens! I heard on a recent podcast that you shouldn't think of it as a plateau but rather as your metabolism doing a readjustment. Once it is all lined up again, the weight will come off again. And this has happened several times before. I will go along, flirting with a one pound gain or loss for a few weeks and then BOOM, three pounds drop off and stay off!

In thinking about (non-food) rewards, I think a new pair of shoes would be the best one for getting into one-derland. I was shocked when I compared my oldest shoes to the newer pair. I have actually worn out a pair of shoes! The older ones are the two on the inside:
See how the nubs are flat and the white parts are worn away as compared to the newer shoes on the outsides of these sets?
You can really see it in this closeup. The newer shoes in these photos are the exact same brand and size as the older ones. I bought them last year, with the intention of replacing my old shoes with them. However, the new ones just won't break in and hurt my feet sometimes. So a new pair of good running/walking shoes IS in order and will be a welcomed reward for getting into one-derland!

I am saving up for a laptop for when I reach my next goal of 191 if I make that by April 15th. I am not sure what type of laptop I will go for, but I understand that April is a good month to buy a laptop, so it all seems to fall into place with using that as a reward.

Then on to the scariest goal of 175. This year is shaping up to be busy and interesting, all at the same time!

I've done my walk for the day and am off to run errands. I have had a good balanced breakfast of oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit. I have a chicken salad made and ready for lunch and I think I may try a shrimp burger recipe while the guys here have their manwiches.

If you haven't done so already...GO FOR A WALK TODAY!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...