Friday, September 16, 2011

Walking is too much fun!

I've been walking that trail I found, instead of going to the gym. The weather is so cool out and I just couldn't resist walking instead of going inside a building! Tomorrow I will go to the pool though, as I need to do some stretching and pool workouts that don't jar the joints as much.

This morning I did a hair over three and a half miles!!! I ran a little bit too, so it was quite the workout. I've felt invigorated all day. This is just a smidgen over 5K, so I think I can start considering entering a race someday. I don't want to do it to win, but I want the tee shirt! hahahaha! I might even do something like the Run for the Cure. I wonder if I would look good in pink? I wonder if I could get sponsors? There is a lot to think about and hope for, next year. I think this is added motivation for me to continue on this new life I am leading!

I had such a treat today! I have needed a pair of in-between jeans. I am right between fitting into the skinny jeans I have in the closet and drowning in any of the larger sizes. Today I took all those baggy saggy fat jeans to the thrift shop and bought myself a pair of perfectly fitted jeans. I also found a gorgeous two piece light sweater set for spring. I can almost wear it now, but would feel better if I were still smaller in the hips and waist before wearing this new set. Oh, I forgot to mention that I had a 20% off coupon to use in exchange for the donated jeans. My purchases today were less than ten bucks.
I tried everything on at home and then started looking in my winter closet for a light weight long sleeved shirt to wear for the rest of the day. I found my old Halloween witchy tee shirt and put it on. The last time I wore it was over a year ago and it was too tight on me then. It hangs on me now! It is comfy though, and I will keep it to wear around the house when I want to wear comfy stuff. (I still think it is SO cool that this shirt just hangs on me though!!!)

I love being skinny(er)! Even if I am still overweight, I don't care what others say, I FEEL skinny!

Fish tonight and weigh-in tomorrow. I hope I've reached that big goal weight that is just a hair's breath away!!! If not, I will try again next week!

See ya next time!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...