Wednesday, June 29, 2011

About Those Pizzas

I have come to the conclusion that the Kroger store brand Margherita pizza has the most bang for your buck....I mean the most food for your calories. I checked the sizes and calories of the other brands and none were even close.
I even came across an ad for fat free pizzas that you could order online for delivery to your home! Wow, that sounds great, doesn't it?
Here is the product they are selling. Nice packaging.

The price is a bit high and I am sorry I forgot to check to see if this includes shipping or not. 6 Fat Free Pizzas - $29.94. Only $4.99 each!
You could also buy in bulk, order several hundred dollars worth of pizzas, and get a better per-pizza bargain.

Now we get to the nitty gritty stuff. Here is their nutritional label:Wow! A WHOLE pizza for less than 300 calories!!!???!!! This is amazing!!! Ummm, did you read the fine print? It is a whole six ounce pizza. That is even smaller than the 11 ounce Kashi pizza that came in a box that is the same size as Red Baron's Pizzas.

I am still going to see if I can work up a fast, easy, low fat, low calorie pizza crust. I know there are tons of recipes out there for them. I have tried a few and ... yuck. I will let you know if I find something better!

Now go for a walk!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Hi Sherri! Am enjoying your blog. Lots of great info! Am on vacation, the love of my life and me. Having plenty of fun and some down time together with NO interrruptions of "everyday life!" I decided about three years ago to eat only butter. I just don't have it all the time or in large amts. I would just rather have small amts and less chemicals as opposed to large amts and more chemicals. Hey I know you have continued going to the pool while school is out, but miss you in the pool at the center!

Shirley (water aerobics)

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...