Sunday, August 07, 2022

Don't Leaf Me Alone!

I have strange friends. No surprise there, right? Anyway, one of them started talking to me about doing embroidery on leaves. I've heard about it but have never tried to do it. I went to my neighbor's house and asked her if I could gather some leaves from her magnolia tree. She gave me a strange look but said "Sure, go ahead." Then she quickly jumped into her car and drove away.
 
I got both dead and live leaves. I used my sewing machine on one of the leaves, just to see what would happen. The rest have been coated in Liquitex. (A type of ModgePodge) I don't know where this will be going but it's fun to try new things.

I joined a bunch of fabric strips together and am messing around with them. I cut the piece into two parts and have put a border strip on each. I am setting this one aside for now. I'm not sure where I am going with it.

This is the mystery quilt challenge project for our quilt guild. There are two blocks that make up the quilt. The pattern is starting to take shape. There are SO many little pieces though!!!

Abby visited all week too:



 
That's it for today! Till next time, happy crafting y'all!!!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...