Who Is Walkerlady?

My photo
I'm the 'Lazy Quilter' who doesn't always take the time to try to achieve perfection. I prefer to enjoy the process of creating instead of agonizing over being perfect. I am 'Walker Lady' who changed my lifestyle and lost over 70 pounds in the process! I wear the hats of a Quilter, Artist, Crafter, Musician, Life Coach, Wife, and Mom, all rolled up into one unique human bean!

Thursday, May 03, 2012

What's Going to Happen Now?

Many people that know me in 'real life' know me as a quilter. I also dabble in fiber arts...that means I make stuff out of fabric that can be artistic. I make a few items of clothing, but am not a patient detailed seamstress, so my attempts at clothing from scratch often turn out odd.

As you've read, life and I are not in tune with each other these days. One of the first clues that I get is when I think about selling off my studio full of fabrics, crafts, sewing machines, and artist supplies, to name a few things. When I start thinking that way, I know it is time to pay attention to myself and figure out what is going wrong.

I know I am still eating right and I am going through the motions of the same exercise regime that I always have been doing. I also know I am not doing either with the zest, energy, or conviction I've had in the past. As to why this is happening, I still think it is partially the let down after all the excitement of April's events. I still think it is partially having given up cigarettes again. I need to find a new goal to push myself towards. Perhaps with school ending in a few weeks and the major shift in my exercise methods, there will be a shift back to a more enthusiastic self.

Now as to today's feelings...
Yes, that is how I felt today..........the damn scale was up...a lot! Six pounds! You can bet I am going to be looking long and hard at why this is going on now. It makes me want to use it as an excuse to say thinner is better so I should pick up those smokes again! Ya! That makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it? You and I both know the answer. I will be patient and ride this latest thing...whatever it is...till the weight goes in the other direction again. I have a few guesses that I may try. I think changing up my exercise will be one of the first things I will attempt. Food wise, I really think I am doing ok on...but I will double check that too.

You know how I almost always end these posts with something about going for a walk? You know that movie that came out a few years ago with the dog that is talking and gets distracted by a squirrel? Have you ever heard the expression "Ooooooooooooo, SHINY!"? I get distracted by things like these cool socks...
Aren't these great! I would wear them while going for a walk...in public! Do you think anywone would notice? I love kooky socks. I need to find some with skulls on them.

NOW
..........go for a walk!

No comments: