Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Statement of Fact

I started dieting when I was 11 or 12. I stopped dieting when I was 56. I am losing weight because I am living and eating like the thin person I want to be. I am more educated on foods. I eat between 1200 and 2000 calories a day. I exercise about 60 min. a day. (as simple as a walk, as complex as Yoga) I am working on re-educating my brain to know when I am truly hungry. I am working on 'mindful' eating...eating slow, thinking about the food I am shoveling in, the taste, the texture. I stay away from most processed foods that are chemically engineered to just taste good. I find that the less processing in foods the more foods become filling. I have been simply amazed at how easy this all has been. This is my LIFESTYLE that I CHOOSE. "Diets" do NOT work. You can't be on a 'program' for the rest of your life. You CAN change your lifestyle to that of a healthy person and lose excess pounds in the process. I wish I knew this years ago!!!

Saturday will be the first time this year that I get on the scale again and have the weight be the true recorded weight of record. I don't know what it will show! I think I lost some of the holiday weight, but I am still not back on track, exercise-wise, as 'the child' only went back to school today and we have contractors here at the house for the next few days, which necessitates me keeping close to home. Whatever the scale says it is, I am ready to deal with it. I feel good! I hope you do too.

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...