- I still cannot escape the comforting numbers of the scale that tells me I am still on track.
- I still cannot keep from having a bedtime snack, although now it is usually dried fruit instead of M&M's.
- I still cannot keep from eating too fast, although I am more cognisant of this flaw and I do try to slow down...now and again.
- I still have cravings for fattening foods, and sometimes have some treat, although I don't binge on huge slices of cake, several cups of ice creams, bags of candy, bowls of nuts, boxes of crackers, huge chunks of cheeses, or bags of chips.
- I still fudge here and there on my calorie counting, although I just as often, will fudge in either direction, under estimating as often as over estimating...just to play it safe.
I have changed.
My numbers impress some...they should. Look what I have done in one year! I have gone from the first numbers taken November 2010 to the second numbers taken November 2011:
- Weight: 291 lbs. to 208 lbs. (83 pounds)
- Waist: 50" to 39" (11")
- Chest: 53" to 42" (11")
- Hips: 54" to 46" (8")
- Thigh: 29" to 23.5" (5.5")
Slow and steady IS the way to go. Do I get impatient? You bet I do! Do the numbers on the scale affect my moods? Yes indeed! Do I worry that this will stop working for me? All the time! Do I consider myself successful at this? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Ask me that one in three years. And although you've heard it often, it is SO true...if I can do this, anyone can! Really? Really!!!