Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Numbers, it's all about the numbers...

  • I still cannot escape the comforting numbers of the scale that tells me I am still on track.
  • I still cannot keep from having a bedtime snack, although now it is usually dried fruit instead of M&M's.
  • I still cannot keep from eating too fast, although I am more cognisant of this flaw and I do try to slow down...now and again.
  • I still have cravings for fattening foods, and sometimes have some treat, although I don't binge on huge slices of cake, several cups of ice creams, bags of candy, bowls of nuts, boxes of crackers, huge chunks of cheeses, or bags of chips.
  • I still fudge here and there on my calorie counting, although I just as often, will fudge in either direction, under estimating as often as over estimating...just to play it safe.
I am normal.

I have changed.

My numbers impress some...they should. Look what I have done in one year! I have gone from the first numbers taken November 2010 to the second numbers taken November 2011:
  • Weight: 291 lbs. to 208 lbs. (83 pounds)
  • Waist: 50" to 39" (11")
  • Chest: 53" to 42" (11")
  • Hips: 54" to 46" (8")
  • Thigh: 29" to 23.5" (5.5")

Slow and steady IS the way to go. Do I get impatient? You bet I do! Do the numbers on the scale affect my moods? Yes indeed! Do I worry that this will stop working for me? All the time! Do I consider myself successful at this? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Ask me that one in three years. And although you've heard it often, it is SO true...if I can do this, anyone can! Really? Really!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn in Kentucky said...

Sherri,
You look amazing, congratulations on your amazing weight loss. You have worked hard and it shows. Way to go. Sunshine

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...