Thursday, May 05, 2011

An Even Keel

I am now researching. I am wading through so many books, web pages, and informational sources, that my head hurts. I knew it would come to this!

If you have dieted for any length of time, or tried dieting many times in the past, you already know there are gazillions of diet books out there. Some of you may have attained a goal weight, only to put it back on, and then some! What is missing?

Let me ask you this: How many books are out there that talk about successful weight maintenance? Dieting is easy, but LIVING the life...where are THOSE guidelines?

My plan, all along, has been to stylize my new life around a way of living that will help me feel better. Part of feeling better is to not be so blasted FAT! My weight is coming off slowly because I am making lifestyle changes that I think I can live with for the rest of my life!

But tell me...where ARE those books that guide you as good as the diet books do? We all know. It is because there is more money to be made in selling the next best diet shortcut than there is in selling the truth about how this all works in the real world and works for the rest of your life! It is all about learning how to keep an even keel on your lifeboat! Anyone for a swim?

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...