Friday, April 08, 2011

Sluffing Off

I know it is spelled sloughing, not sluffing, but I like spelling things wrong, on purpose...especially when I am trying a play on words for my blog titles!

I have been sloughing off on my 'program' to self improve. Although I am still losing weight, I am also not working quite as hard as I was a few weeks ago.

Yesterday I did my normal 75 minute workout in the pool. I know a problem many have is that they go in the pool and chat instead of work out. I DO try to keep moving hard when chatting, but I know I am not really doing a hard workout.

For some reason, I have been tired lately. I wonder if the mini rice cakes at night are really NOT that good for me to snack on?
Although they are low in calories and fat, I am often allowing enough calories to eat the whole bag! That is 330 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. They taste too good to be good for me, especially after 8pm. Once the last of these bags is gone, I think I will not buy them for a while.

Because I have been a bit tired and not real motivated, I popped in to check my weight yesterday, after my pool workout. I had gained a pound. It didn't surprise me. I am not counting it though, because Saturdays are my weigh-in days. We will see what happens tomorrow on the scale!

With all the lack luster feelings I decided to try to do something extra special today. I made myself walk. I managed to get 2.2 miles in 50 minutes. I will walk to get the child from school this afternoon and that will bring me to just over an hour of walking for the day.

It was only 68° out this morning, but the humidity was high. I broke out in a pretty good sweat! I am glad I did it though. Yeah ME!
Off to shower now. I have a lot on my mind this morning, as my son is now a full fledged Marine! I can't wait to hear from him! Semper Fi!!!

No comments:

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...