Monday, January 07, 2019

Is it working?

It has only been five days since I started my new program. I will find out today if it has made a difference. I don't know how I will react if it hasn't made a difference. I don't know what I will think, if it has!
I am doing intermittent fasting. I was successful for three days. Weekends are 'normal' eating times. Two days CAN negate all that three days of fasting can accomplish. I will find out later, what success or lack thereof, I have.
Intermittent fasting is not for everyone. My method is to basically eat once a day, five days a week. My husband has done this for most all his life. I did it successfully 20 years ago. I had to quit because I became pregnant. I don't think that will be an issue now that I am in my 60's. I also got my doctor's permission to try this.
One other caveat is that I had stomach stapling surgery almost forty years ago. I cannot stuff myself on the weekends. I cannot stuff myself at night when I eat. That makes a difference between me and someone else who would try this method.
If you do try it, proceed with caution and DO talk to your doctor first!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Down two pounds, so maybe? :)

After the frenzy

Abby is still around and about.  I know she's been pretty quiet though.  She kinda over celebrated the new year's arrival. A souther...