Speaking of working out, I was thinking about my exercise regimen yesterday. I really like the balance I have right now:
- Sundays I often go for a very long walk.
- Monday is yoga and I like how I get to stretch all my muscles after having done whatever I've done on the weekends. It seems to start the week out right.
- Tuesday is a short walk in the morning and upper body weight training class in the afternoon.
- Wednesday I am back in yoga class. After the workout on Tuesday, I find yoga relieves tight and sore muscles.
- Thursday is a short walk in the morning again. In the afternoon I go to weight training class for the lower body and legs.
- Friday is a free-for-all day. I usually schedule some sort of errand running or I might do the short walk. Sometimes I don't leave the house, but I will do some housework. I also have recently made a morning appointment with myself to sit for 15 minutes and work on my art journaling.
- Saturday is a toss-up day. I can go for a walk, work on the strength machines, go in the pool, or do major yard work or housework or shopping or nothing.
All those years of trying to lose weight and failing over and over again...why am I successful now? In part I think it comes down to the fact that I educated myself and continue to educate myself about foods and new discoveries in the world of heath. I remain a skeptic about most things (especially the NEWEST things) and stick to the basics that keep working well for me, time and time again. In part, I...
- eat sensibly and mindfully.
- add vegetables every time I can.
- make changes where I can and don't stress about the changes I can't make.
- keep active in life or in exercise classes.
- utilize a support group that helps me stay motivated and is very therapeutic.
- change up my exercise routine if I get bored doing what I am doing.
- if something keeps tripping me up, I figure out how to not trip over it!
My weight has remained down from where it was a month ago. The more I live, what seems normal to me, the more I am amazed that I am not gaining, and in fact I lost a bit. This is exciting...well to ME it is!
Till next time, Walk-on!!!